Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 41

You would think with a weigh-in looming large today that I would have been on my best behavior yesterday. That wasn't the case. I'm bummed that I didn't make better snacking choices...but I'm also wondering why I was doing all the snacking!

yesterday:

Breakfast 8:30 am: 1 cup shredded wheat, 3/4 cup skim milk
Lunch 12:30 pm: leftover ham and potato soup, 1 breadstick, 2 cups spinach with fat free Catalina dressing
Snacks from about 2:00 to 3:00 pm: 1 mini Nestle crunch, way too many donettes, cashews
Snacks from about 4:00 to 5:00 pm: more cashews, protein bar, Gushers
Dinner 7:30 pm: 1 slice cheese thin crust pizza, about 6 crackers and cheese, 2 cookies, 1 slice french bread
Drinks 10:00 pm: Coors Light

I had my swim lesson in the morning which felt like a really good workout. It was a good 35 minutes, at least, of lap drills. I think I got about 80 ounces of water in yesterday.

I probably should have passed on eating the leftover soup, but it was easy and needing to be used up. It still tasted really good...and I accompanied it with a nice big spinach salad, so I felt a little better about it :)
I guess you can see the snacking was a little bit out of control. I grabbed things I shouldn't have, and things that just made me want more snacks. I just now realized I didn't have any fruit yesterday. That would have been a much better choice! Not sure why I did all of this. Like I said, I thought I would be eating very well knowing that I had to check in at the halfway mark of this challenge at the gym. I guess it's too late now...I can't dwell on the fact that I 'messed up'. I'll just go see how far I've come, and put in a good workout at my circuit class today!

I was out painting pottery last night...out with the girls! We had snacky foods and I abstained from the wine while we were there. It was the heading out to LoDo's that had me grabbing a beer or two. It's all good...there was a day I would have had pop while we were painting, and still done the beer later. I've cut out some of those calories I used to consume! Thinking positive, thinking positive, thinking positive :)

Day 41: Not a stellar day. BUT, I love swim class and the new exercise variety it is giving me. Had a fun night with my peeps....So there was definitely good that came out of the day! (Am I allowed to say 'peeps', at almost 40 years old?)


No comments:

Post a Comment