Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 19

I don't have a whole lot to say about yesterday. It wasn't too bad of a day. I made some healthier snack choices...but I also found a bag of Brach's candy in the cupboard. Sometimes I feel like some sort of junkie...

Breakfast: 7:30 am
protein pancakes w/ strawberries on top, plus 1 tsp butter w/ 2 tsp brown sugar, 1 cup skim milk, more strawberries (about 1 cup sliced, in all)

Snack: 11:00 am
2.5 stalks of celery w/ about 2 T. peanut butter

Lunch: 11:45 am
4 oz 93% lean ground beef, on a "Smart & Delicious" whole wheat tortilla, w/ 1 tsp ketchup, 2 cups romaine lettuce w/ red wine vinegar and olive oil (The ground beef needed to be used...I would've normally picked ground turkey).

Snack: 4:00 pm
protein bar...but that wasn't 'enough' so... Smartfood popcorn, 2 Brach's cinnamon hard candies, 2 caramels

Dinner: 6:00 pm
about 4 oz pork chop, about 1/4 cup diced apples and 1/4 of a sweet potato, all done in the crock pot. This was a yummy first time recipe. I really love the crock pot!

Dessert: 8:00 pm
one butterscotch hard candy, about 10 pieces of Life cereal

I did only cardio at the gym today. 45 minutes on the treadmill, at 10 incline...about 4 mph, although I would slow it down a little at times. This treadmill thing kicks my butt! I did actually move in to a jog about three times, for about a minute each, then take it back to a walk because my knees would begin to hurt. I am very nervous about my knees, so any time I feel a little pain I get freaked out. Several years back I spent too many weeks unable to do anything, because of my darn knee pain. I don't want that to happen again.

There is a local weight management center where I like to get my protein supplements. On my last visit there, I discovered they had a pancake one, and chocolate cake one. I have yet to try the chocolate cake, but the pancakes were sure yummy yesterday!

I would highly recommend La Tortilla Factory, Smart and Delicious Whole Wheat Tortillas. They are hard to find in my grocery store because they are in their own little section in the bakery, not with the other tortillas. I was nervous to try them, but they are really good! And only 50 calories! (Much less than a regular flour tortilla, which doesn't have much nutritional value either!) Much to my surprise yesterday, my four-year-old sat and ate one along with me at lunch, and not one complaint. Ah, maybe these younger children of mine will actually eat well.....

I was famished after my workout. I couldn't wait to get home to eat something. I made the 'good' choice of the protein bar...and then the Smartfood popcorn. I bought that popcorn thinking it would be a healthier alternative for snacking, but I dip my hand in the bag way too many times, so I just need to leave that at the store. Oh, and those darn candies....just wanted a taste of something sweet. Those itty bitty candies sure can add calories if you don't stop at just one!


Day 19: 10 glasses of water: check. workout: check. Did not completely lose my mind: check. Pretty good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment