Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 30

30 days already? Down 2.5 pounds in 30 days. Not exactly what I was hoping for. However, it is a loss, and that is what I have to be happy about. I haven't gained! :)

Yesterday:

Breakfast 8:30 am: 1 cup shredded wheat, 3/4 cup skim milk (I'm stuck on this right now...it's just tastes so good and it's filling. I'm usually in a hurry, so quick and easy is the way to go!)

Snack 11:00 am: protein shake w/ banana

Lunch 12:15 pm: 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, Green Giant Garden Vegetable Medley

Dessert 12:45 pm: Cinnamon twists that my son made from refrigerated biscuits. They were really good and I probably ate too many. Oh, and 1/2 a Dr. Pepper which was an attempt at relieving a headache that wasn't going away. It didn't help. Believe it or not, the headache went away after my workout!

Post-workout snack 4:45 pm: protein bar

Dinner 7:00 pm: 4 oz baked chicken breast, 1/2 cup green beans, romaine salad w/ 1/2 tablespoon of ranch dressing, 1 Tagalong

Snack 8:30 pm: Edamame, 8 cheese puffs

I surprised myself by staying on the elliptical for an hour, burning over 700 calories. I was really not wanting to go to the gym for some reason. To actually make it there and then do such a long workout was a victory.

I was trying real hard to restrain myself last night as I was watching the Olympics. I finally gave in and had a snack of edamame even though I should have been done eating for the night. At least I chose that, and not something else...oh well, then I had a few cheese puffs. Oops.

Day 30: The kids were home, and my son made those darn cinnamon twists. Without those yesterday, I think I would have had a really successful day. Instead, it was a fairly successful day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment