Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 17

I wonder if any of you are getting tired of hearing the same frustrations over and over again. I know my husband is...but he's been listening for 20 years! For him, it's as easy as, "Just don't eat that". Oh, if only it were that easy for me! Yesterday wasn't bad:

Breakfast: 9:00 am
1 cup Life cereal, 3/4 cup 2% milk....I usually always use skim, but my skim milk was tasting funky....

Lunch: 11:45
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1 cup cooked mixed veggies (Birdseye Steamfresh, broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas and water chestnuts...yummy!) I actually ate those veggies with no butter or salt or anything. They were good just au natural! Water to drink.

Snack: 1:30 (pre-workout)
1 whole wheat slice of toast w/ a about 2 tsp peanut butter

Snack: 4:00 (post-workout)
protein bar

Snack: 5:30 (post-grocery store)
10 cherry jelly hearts

Dinner: 7:00
93% lean hamburger, on 1/2 whole grain white bun, 1 tsp ketchup, 10 (frozen)french fries, water to drink This was homemade stuff...not fast food! :) What am I doing making homemade fast food? :) Well, the calories are like half that of the little meal I get at McDonalds....

After dinner snack: 8:00
1 3/4 cup SmartFood popcorn, 1 baby carrot, 3 pieces of Bit O Honey

I went to the grocery store, which is good and bad....It's good because I got more fruits and vegetables that I needed, along with food for dinners this week. It's bad because I bought those candy hearts and a Bit O Honey ;) Oh well!

I had a much better day. I did find myself at the pantry and refrigerator, several times, wanting some type of junk. So, I fought with myself a bit. Good news was, as I stood there, trying to find something, I realized, "I'M NOT HUNGRY", and would step away. Although I ended up in the same spot a couple more times, I did not give in to the mindless snacking. (Well, not until I was putting groceries away and opened the candy hearts. Wait, that wasn't actually mindless snacking...I was very mindful of what I was doing at that point.....)

I had a bad attitude about working out yesterday. I found myself dreading 2 pm, when I would need to go change and get ready to leave. I actually texted my brother-in-law seeing if he wanted to cancel. No such luck. It was a tough leg workout, and I should have done my cardio first, because my legs were shot afterwards. I was only able to do 15 minutes on the bike, after about 30 minutes on the weights. BUT, I then went to the grocery store and walked around for an hour, which was probably really good for me to do. I walked it out, that's for sure! Probably much better than going home and planting it on the couch.

There's a rather touchy subject that I should address, but I'm even more reluctant to 'go there' than I was the 'cycle' thing. It's the whole 'regular' issue....Not sure I want to reveal anything, but I do know this is a part of what's going on with my body, and everyone else's! If I get brave enough, I'll go in to it at a later date. Let's just say, I think I will be paying more attention and making note of what's happening in this area...There, was that so bad?

Day 17: Not a bad day. Glad I worked out even though I didn't want to. Triumphed over the nasty snacking monster that was on my back, for the most part. Hope that monster doesn't show up for work today.





No comments:

Post a Comment