Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 16

Sometimes I think I am a crazy person. My behavior yesterday really helped to reinforce this suspicion. Here is a 5:00 pm text I sent to my husband: "On a bender...eating everything in sight...and have no frickin clue what's for dinner." I'm gonna go ahead and document what I can remember:

Breakfast: 7:30 am
protein shake w/ banana

Lunch: 12:30 pm
Leftover Chinese take out, water to drink (shouldn't have had this AGAIN, but there was so much left over, and I have mentioned to you that I am cheap. And, well, I'm lazy too...this was easy).

Holy,What the Heck is Going On, Have You Lost Your Mind Snack: about 4 pm continuing until about 5 pm
Two Hostess Donettes, snack bag of Fritos, Hunts Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, Giant chocolate chip cookie.

Dinner: 7:30 pm
1.5 slices of frozen pizza, water...lots of water

Just when I think I'm getting things under control....a day like yesterday happens. I have a theory. I was very disappointed with my weigh-in. I think that played quite a mind game with me. I began thinking about how I had worked out every day but one last week, I had been so good, and what little results were showing...and I lost it. I'm so glad this doesn't happen all of the time. It can't happen again. I felt so icky afterwards. Not only physically, but emotionally/mentally. I hate for my weaknesses to show up like that.

I did have a strength training workout in the afternoon. I ran out of time, though, and was unable to do any cardio, as I was supposed to pick up my son from school. I told myself as I left the gym, that I would have to take a walk when I got home, or fire up the Wii...instead, I got home and fired up my hand to my mouth. I HAVE to have a better day today. I HAVE to keep an even keel, and realize this isn't going to happen for me, if I continue to let my emotions lead me to crazy behavior.

I have been hovering around this weight now for close to six months. My body is comfortable here, and I'm going to need to work harder to break through this plateau. Oh joy!

Day 16: Disappointing day. So glad today is a new day, and I can put it behind me.





No comments:

Post a Comment