Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 18

It's just crazy to me how different each week on this challenge has been so far. The first week, insatiable hunger. The second, very little appetite. This week....I don't have a clue. I don't seem to have that hungry feeling all the time, but I do have a pretty good appetite. The snacking thing seems to be an issue again. And I mean, the wrong kind of snacking. Snacking isn't a bad thing. I believe it is important to do, but only when you make good choices! Yesterday:

Breakfast: 7:45 am
1 cup spoon size shredded wheat, 1 cup skim milk, 1 tsp sugar

Snack: 9:00 am
The remainder of the Bit O Honey bar from yesterday, because it was sitting there staring me in the face on the counter...and yes, jelly hearts.

Snack: 10:45 am
Damn chocolate chip cookie sitting on the counter staring me in the face.

Lunch: 12:30 pm
8 Chick Fil A nuggets, polynesian sauce, 5 small waffle fries, water to drink

Snack: 1:30 pm
Smartfood popcorn...I can't even guess the amount....too much, anyway.

After-workout Snack: 4:30 pm
protein shake w/ banana

Dinner: 6:30 pm
2 buffalo chicken sliders, 2 cups romaine lettuce, 1 stalk celery, 3 baby carrots, water to drink

So, I had a few good things happen yesterday. I did not get a combo meal at Chick Fil A...I chose to just get the nuggets, and satisfied my want for a taste of fries by snitching from the kids. No pop...just water. Good girl, right? Let's not even ask the question, "why were you at Chick Fil A in the first place?" or the other question, "Don't they have salad there?" I don't want to answer those at the moment.

Another good thing was that I worked out. I was again dreading it yesterday...not sure why. This week has just been tough for me to joyfully head to the gym. Did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the weights. I am proud of myself for making the time to go.

I was told that 70% of this losing weight thing was gonna come from my nutrition. Perhaps I need to remind myself of that daily, as certain things are staring me in the face.

Day 18: The snack monster showed up again. Gonna try and get him fired today.



No comments:

Post a Comment