Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 66

:) I'm pretty much riding high on the news that I have lost 51 pounds since January 9, 2009! I hadn't looked at my record at the gym for a while since I haven't been working with a trainer. I decided to meet with a trainer again yesterday and we dug out that folder and discovered just how far I've come 'officially'. I almost cried!!! It was crazy to recall just how unhappy I was, and how little I thought I could do for a workout. All of you that have been following this little blog know that I don't have this all figured out. And I'm not skipping around merrily all of the time. I'm just feeling better in my skin. Here is an example of something I would have NEVER done before 2009....After my workout yesterday, I came home and shoveled our foot of heavy, wet snow for an hour. The neighbor asked if I wanted some help...I told her, nope, it's a good workout! I used my knees...my hands weren't shaking afterwards...I'm not crippled by back pain today. I actually WANTED to do it. My energy level is so much higher. I am so thankful for the progress I've made! (My home weigh-in progress is 45.5 pounds lost....I'm kinda liking the official gym numbers better these days!)

Here's what yesterday's food looked like:

Breakfast 7:45 am: french toast: 2 slices light wheat bread dipped in 2 egg whites w/ 1/3 cup pureed frozen mixed berries on top for 'syrup', 4 oz skim milk to drink

Lunch 1:00 pm: Tuna salad on wheat, with lettuce and tomato

Snack 4:00 pm: 1/2 bag of microwave popcorn

Dinner 6:30 pm: 3 oz orange roughy, 2 cups baby spinach w/ fat free catalina dressing, 1/2 cup green beans

Snack 7:30 pm: protein bar, couple of handfuls of Life cereal

I'm learning that if I make some healthy stuff, there are actually other people in the house who will eat it. I was supposed to have 6 oz of the fish, but there were a couple of my kids, one big one and one small one, that wanted some too...which surprised me! Guess I'll make it for everyone next time! I hadn't made fish for quite some time and it tasted so good, and was so darn easy. I was asking myself why I didn't fix it more often...well, I know there's one reason...the kind of fish I like is usually pretty expensive....

My daughter who is two, couldn't get enough green beans and spinach last night. I really hope that continues as she gets older! I can only apologize now to my older kids for the bad eating habits we were in the thick of as they grew up. Right now they are all skinny kids like I was when I was younger. Hopefully, they will start to eat better too, or they won't stay that way as they get older....Gosh, it's hard to see the mistakes you've made with your kids.

Day 66: Awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment