Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 65

The scale is moving this week! Yesterday was another good and bad day...but I was so good the first part of the day, I don't think the second half hurt me too much. I'm blaming the second half of the day on the snowstorm that has dumped 11.5 inches on us!

Breakfast 9:30: 2 egg whites scrambled with 1/4 of a green pepper, 1 piece of Orowheat Light wheat bread, 4 oz skim milk, 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch 1:15: 5 oz ground turkey on a Smart and Delicious tortilla, 1/2 cup cooked broccoli, 2 oz cheddar cheese (a little on the tortilla, a little on the broccoli), water to drink

Dessert 2:00: pudding protein supplement

Pre-dinner treat 5:30: one glass of wine

Dinner 7:00: 6 chicken nuggets, 1/2 medium Dr. Pepper, a little less than half a medium fry...yes from McDonalds again, 1 cup baby spinach w/ fat free catalina dressing... 2 Thin Mints

Snack 10:00: 1 Tagalong cookie

I had decided early on in the day that I wasn't going to work out yesterday. I broke a bone last year in my ankle/foot and every once in a while, I start to feel like it has been stressed or something. I try to listen to my body as much as I can, and I'm pretty sure my ankle was telling me to lay off for a day.

I had a hair appointment right at the time our snowstorm started hitting. I had a bit of a challenging drive home...and was getting home later than I thought, so there were hungry troops waiting who did not want to wait an hour while I prepared what I was supposed to make for dinner. So, through the drive-thru I went on my way home....and got something for myself as well as everyone else. Still glad that I can't make it through a whole pop, or the extra value meals I was accustomed to eating before. I didn't feel too bad about it because I knew I had been pretty darn good so far the whole day.

Wouldn't you know, I got the last boxes of Girl Scout cookies this week that I had ordered! Oh, if only they had forgotten I ordered them! Yeah, I had 3 cookies last night. You got a problem with that? I didn't think so!!! :)

I also received my lab results from blood work I had done at my annual check up. My triglycerides are elevated. I'm supposed to decrease fat and cholesterol. Hmph. I actually didn't expect that....since I have already dropped a good chunk of weight, I thought I would have good numbers. They are just slightly above the range they are supposed to be in, but it was a bit of a wake up call. I guess it just shows me I still have work to do...and I need to pay a little bit more attention to leaving some certain things off of my plate. Oh, and I need some more Vitamin D. Can't wait for warm weather so I can get my 15 minutes of sun a day!

I didn't participate in Free Pastry Day at Starbucks yesterday. I had printed off the coupon, and was gonna go, but I knew if I went there, I would indulge in some way, even if I got the pastry to give to the kids. I'm really glad I didn't since the evening turned out much different than I had planned. I would have had more 'mess-ups' and I don't need that!

Day 65: I'm not sure what it is, but I'm motivated this week. Maybe it's because I realize there are less than three weeks left of the challenge at the gym. I'm just glad it's working for me right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment