Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 44

It was an interesting day yesterday. I actually did ok, with a couple of minor indulgences. But I had a big struggle in the afternoon after my workout. I was so very hungry. In fact, about half way through my workout, I was already hungry! I didn't completely fall off and grab junk...but I certainly wasn't ready to grab a salad or something either. Here goes:

Breakfast 9:30 am: 1/2 plain bagel, 1 T. natural peanut butter, 1 cup Orange Juice w/ calcium

Pre-Lunch Indulgence 12:30 pm: Kroger cheese puffs...about 10 (they are small :), 1/3 cup Kraft macaroni and cheese (light preparation which is skim milk, and half the butter) It's what I was making for the kids...

Lunch 1:00 pm: 2 egg whites, 1 egg, 1/8 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, 1/2 red pepper

Post-workout snack 3:45 pm: APEX workout shake, 2 graham cracker sheets, 1/4 cup lightly salted cashews (it was suggested to have some nuts when I mentioned I was so hungry..almonds would have been preferable, but this was all I had on hand, and they did the trick...for a little while)

Post-post-workout snack 4:40 pm: 1 apple (and lots of water, finally helped to take the hunger away!)

Dinner 7:45 pm: about 4 oz of pork tenderloin (w/ a bunch of spices, done in crock pot) on a smart and delicious whole wheat tortilla w/ 1/8 cup cheddar cheese, water to drink.

Evening Snack 9:00 pm: protein bar

I had an hour workout on the elliptical, burning about 700 calories. I drank ten 8 oz glasses of water throughout the day.

It was just a crazy day as far as my hunger goes. Ate breakfast late, and lunch late enough to fuel my workout, I thought, anyway! I'm just glad that when I was extremely hungry, I kept my head straight enough to grab things that weren't as bad as, say the potato chips in the cupboard. Good news is, there are fewer things like that for me to choose from. I haven't been buying as much stuff to tempt myself. But there is usually always something around for me to grab, like the cheese puffs today, while I was making lunch for everybody. I know...some celery or carrots would have been a better choice. But hey, I know my weaknesses...I won't buy those anymore! :)

Day 44: Pretty successful day! Seriously....I can't imagine anyone is reading this anymore....Oh wait! I know my mom is! Love you, Mom!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment