Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 6

Hello. My name is Kari, and I am sore!

I actually did a workout that was not just cardio yesterday. And boy, do I feel it today. I had a session with a trainer. As he was trying to assess where my fitness level was, he asked me to do push ups. I warned him that I've only done 'girl' push ups, as that is all I've ever been able to do (those are pushups from the knees, not the toes). Well, I proceeded to enter in to my first girl push up, and was unable to get back up. I guess six months of doing nothing has really set me back :( What a bummer! I am thrilled that I worked some muscles yesterday...and even excited that I'm sore.

I didn't have the best day of eating yesterday, but not the worst either.

Breakfast: protein bar
snack: apple
Workout: 5 minute elliptical, 30 minutes weight training, 20 minutes recumbent bike, 10 minutes elliptical
Post workout: Protein Smoothie (with skim milk, blueberries, banana, spinach and protein powder), 2 graham cracker sheets
Lunch: McDonalds cheeseburger, small fry and Dr. Pepper
Snack: 10 chocolate covered pomegranate things, 2 single bite Butterfingers
Dinner: Chicken tortilla casserole and a large romaine lettuce salad with fat free dressing
Dessert: 1 graham cracker sheet

I find it ironic that I use a facebook status yesterday that mentions not resorting to McDonald's and Dr. Pepper and I do both yesterday. Wonderful! Here's my excuse....I was running late to meet a friend at the mall, and I grabbed McDonald's and ate it on the way. How's that? You might say, "Practice better time management, Kari", and I would have to agree with you.

I did get a little extra exercise by walking the mall, and then spending some extra time in a blizzard in the parking lot afterwards. Ah, good times....Love it when you head to your car and can't find it... And then you realize you're looking for the wrong car. Maybe I need to be exercising my mind as well as my body, to try and get a little sharper. Holy cow!

I am seeing a pattern that I am hungry in the afternoon before dinner, or even while I'm making dinner. Today I will try to sit down and have a pre-dinner salad instead of grabbing candy off of the counter.

Day 6: Bummed that I am weak, but glad to be on my way to getting strong.




No comments:

Post a Comment