Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 15

So, maybe I wasn't really ready to take on this challenge.

Two years ago when I started working out at my gym, and making changes in my diet, I started dropping weight pretty easily, with what seemed like minor changes. The biggest change was starting to exercise regularly. For the last year, it has been much harder to see results. I hate that I've gained back 20 pounds, but what I'm hating even more is that I am making changes again after months of reverting back to bad habits and inactivity, and I'm not seeing results. I mentioned yesterday that I'm maintaining now, whereas I was gaining before. I do realize this is progress, but I wanted to see rewards immediately, like I did before. And I know we can poke holes in what I'm eating...I know I can do better, and worse yet, I know what works....but there is some reason that I'm not doing it. Is there a therapist in the house?!

Ok, the bitching is out of the way for now...Here's yesterday's food consumption:

Breakfast: 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg scrambled with 1/2 green pepper and a sprinkle of italian cheese blend, whole wheat toast w/ 1 T. peanut butter, 1/2 apple, 4 oz skim milk
Workout: 30 minutes resistance/weight training, 20 minutes on the treadmill
Post Workout: Protein shake w/ blueberries and skim milk
Snack: dark chocolate covered pomegranate things (10)
Snack: pepsi (good choice, don't ya think?...sheesh...)
Dinner: Steamed Rice along with sample portions of pad thai, sesame chicken and royal chicken, 2 crab cheese wontons, Coors Light
I think I got about 70 oz of water in.

Not enough food, too much sodium, not enough water....blah blah blah....I apologize to anyone looking for inspiration today. Kari is FRUSTRATED with herself. Somehow I have to think of the positives. I continue to keep my portions on the small side. The take out last night tasted so good. I took a little of each, and I was satisfied with that. I listened to my body telling me it was full, and didn't eat some more just because it tasted good. There....I found a positive. Another positive is that I've experienced a couple of good nights of sleep. I have been struggling with sleeping well, mostly because of the musical beds we play with our 5 and 3 year old kids during the night. I realize sleep is just as important to this weight loss thing as the other changes I'm making, so I hope this trend continues. It stinks being ready for bed at 8:30, but I gotta go with what my body is telling me!

Day 15: Gorgeous day outside, tumultuous one inside of me. Maybe it's PMS. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment