Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 8

Phew!! One week down, 11 to go! It was a rough one, but I am happy to be down 1/2 a pound from Monday of last week. I know this doesn't sound like much, but after the week I had, it is a victory! I didn't do a good job of writing down what I ate yesterday, but I didn't do any mindless snacking. I didn't feel totally hungry all day either. Here's what I yesterday looked like:

Breakfast: 8:30 am
protein shake w/ a banana mixed in

Brunch/Lunch: 11:30 am
Egg casserole (I had small pieces, cuz you don't even want to know what's in this thing...), fruit salad (bananas, raspberries, strawberries, grapes), 1/2 blueberry muffin, water to drink

Dinner: 6:00 pm
Chicken fried rice, water to drink. This was homemade and included, chicken, brown & white rice, eggs, frozen veggies (corn, green beans, carrots), garlic, low sodium soy sauce, and various seasonings.

We had brunch with my husband's family. I LOVE the egg dish his mom makes. I had one small piece of the two different kinds, then grabbed one more sliver which I didn't need. That put me in to the overly-full state of being, and could be why I was able to go until dinner without snacking.

My exercise yesterday was walking around Costco for an hour and a half. I didn't even have any samples while I was there! I also did a kitchen full of hand wash dishes (there was some dancing involved while doing the dishes, so I guess that's exercise too. I'm sure it was entertaining for my family. The only way I really enjoy doing chores is with some tunes on, so my ipod was helping me groove!)

The fried rice recipe I made really isn't that bad for you...there was hardly any fat, and I used part brown rice. Now I know I can use all brown rice and my family won't know the difference. And I will increase the amount of veggies I put in it too. It's fun to try new recipes, and even more fun when they are a hit!

Day 8: I'm excited again...Last week was a roller coaster! This week could be the same way, but at least I'm starting out this Monday morning feeling optimistic and energized. Go me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment