Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 10

Ok, guys....my workout pants were falling off of me yesterday on the elliptical. Note to self...always buy workout pants with a drawstring. I'm mentioning this, because there is nothing like the feeling of having your clothes fall off of you! I was just about to go sit down and do the bike, when I seemed to get the suckers hiked up enough to stay...I probably looked like Ed Grimley. Fun times! Yesterday's sustenance:

Breakfast: 8:00
protein shake w/ 10 strawberries blended in

Snack: 10:30
1 cup Cheerios, 1 banana, 1 cup skim milk

Lunch: 1:00
1/4 cup Kraft mac and cheese, 5 cinnamon jelly hearts, water to drink

Snack/dinner: 4:15
1/2 sweet potato, 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, water to drink

Dinner dinner: 6:30
McDonald's: 1/2 cheeseburger, 2 chicken nuggets, 1 small order of fries, about 3 gulps of Dr. Pepper....and feeling a bit guilty about this fast food, I added my own 2 cups of spinach with 1 T. Red Wine Vinegar and 1/2 tsp olive oil. Also, because I hadn't had any veggies yet...yikes!

I made mac and cheese for the kids for lunch. However, I found myself too lazy to gather something for myself so I ate an itty bitty bit of it too. It wasn't too long ago I could practically eat the whole darn box...what was that about?? What I should have done, was accompanied it with a salad. That would have made a more 'rounded' meal. I'll do that next time.

Parent/teacher conferences were last night for our middle schooler. We headed to the school right when I would normally be making dinner. So, yes, there was the grabbing of McDonald's on our return home. This will be an excursion you will see regularly. For our large family, it is usually the most economic fast food stop we can make. I went ahead and got that cheeseburger All American meal....ate the small fries before I even sat down at the table. My daughter was eyeing my cheeseburger so I gave her half, and she shared her nuggets with me...Maybe it was guilt that caused me to not drink much of my pop, or maybe it was the fact that someone else's spilled all over the floor so I handed them mine. I am proud of myself for taking the time to sit and eat what seemed like a gigantic salad, at that point. I knew I needed some veggies, but I also wanted to prevent any hunger from coming along the rest of the night. Those veggies must have done their job, because I was fine until bed! Actually, my hunger hasn't been too bad this week. I really think that whole 'cycle' thing surely was playing a part last week!

Day 10: Working my pants off, and loving it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment