Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 5

Yesterday was a much better day! Well, for my eating, at least...we won't talk about my lack of patience with the kids, and the lack of order in my house. That's a whole other blog.

Yesterday's foods:

Breakfast: 8:45 (I decided to hold off on breakfast, since I wasn't hungry right away in the am)
1 1/4 cups spoon size shredded wheat, 3/4 cup skim milk, 1 tsp sugar

Lunch: 11:30
Tuna Melt: 1 T Miracle Whip Light, 1/4 cup chopped celery, 2.5 oz albacore tuna from pouch, on top of 1 slice whole wheat bread, topped with 1 oz shredded cheddar cheese, broiled til the cheese melts, 1/4 cup raspberries, water to drink (This was really yummy, by the way!)

Snack: 1:20
1 1/2 cups raw spinach, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 T red wine vinegar, 2 hard boiled eggs, water to drink

After workout snack: 4:00
protein bar

Dinner: 6:30
protein shake blended with a banana

Dessert: 8:30
animal crackers, 17 from the "snack sak"= 140 calories

I had at least 10 8 oz glasses of water throughout the day.

The day started at 4 am, which was a bit of a bummer. However, I did a few things differently and tried a few bits of advice I received from people, and I consider the day a success! I'll probably just give my weight on Mondays, since this has been my weigh-in day that I write down on our refrigerator since Jan 6, 2009. That was one suggestion that I'll try for a bit...not weighing every day.

One thing I have been extremely happy about is that I haven't experienced any headaches this week. Usually, when I get hungry, I end up with a headache. So glad I'm not dealing with that!

I am drinking a green tea supplement, usually once a day that seems to help with my hunger. It definitely did yesterday, and I actually had two throughout the day.

I am laughing at my notes from yesterday...9:40 "Drinking my green tea drink and thankfully not feeling hungry. But I am pissy, near tears. Hmmmm...could all of this be PMS? Can't really put that in my blog, can I?" Well, I guess I just did! Sorry if that is too much info for any of you, but as women, we can't forget what our cycle does to our body. It is possible that my extreme hunger this week could be related to that. I will definitely watch for a pattern in this area.

After my yummy lunch, I was still a bit hungry, but it was manageable. Then I had a yummy snack, which I would never have considered a 'snack' before...A salad for a snack? But it was a good choice and filled me up. I worked out at 3:00 for 25 minutes on the elliptical, which according to the machine, burned 300 calories.

Looks like I ate about every 2 to 2 1/2 hours....seemed to work well.

Day 5: Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment