Thursday, April 12, 2012

Love Hard

I was given some encouragement that I should get back to writing in my blog.  For now, I will just share my thought from yesterday.  

Someone wrote on the wall of a sister grieving the loss of her brother, to "stay strong and love hard". Love hard....I wonder what it would look like if I did that. Some of us work hard, play hard, party hard....but I have never thought of loving hard. Love is so often associated with 'softness', like flowers and clouds and cuddly things. I think I want to love hard, because here are a few things that 'hard' means, by various dictionary definitions:

Solid, firm, and resistant to pressure; not easily broken, bent, or pierced.

With a great deal of effort.

Intense in force or degree

With great force, vigor, or energy

Firmly; securely

To love firmly, intensely, with great effort. I think we would all like to BE loved that way, so wouldn't it be good to put forth the effort TO love that way?  Stay strong and Love Hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment